Saturday, March 22, 2014

110 Orco B&W Film Review

Out of shear curiosity, I had to purchase a roll of 110 size B&W Orca just to play with.  I used a cheapy Kodak Ektralite 110 camera. The flash didn't work, so it was all outdoor shooting. 

The film is rated at 100 ASA.  I shot a variety of subjects at different distances just to test the fixed focus lens.  I used a Yankee film developing tank, which is one of the only tanks you can find that the reel shrinks down to accommodate 110 film.  Loading it is a pain the rectum, but you can with perseverance. 

I used D-76 1:1 and found the time on the massive development chart

I also purchased the 110 film holder from Lomography for $24.99 just to have on hand. My family shot lots of 110 film when I was younger so I figured the investment would pay off. 

Here is a scan of one of the strips of cut film.  Definitely worth playing with if you have the means.





No comments:

Post a Comment